Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Longest day of my life!

So 30 hours after leaving Atlanta, I'm still not in Townsville yet. We left from LAX this morning at 2:30 eastern time, planning on reaching Brisbane, Australia 14 hours later and finally catching a flight to Townsville two hours after that. However, our plane nearly ran out of fuel over the Pacific Ocean, forcing us to land on a small island called Noumea, putting us two hours behind schedule. Right now I'm sitting at the Brisbane airport because we have missed our final flight...it feels like we will never get there. If all goes as planned, we will leave in two hours, land in Townsville, catch a bus to the Magnetic Island ferry, take the ferry to the island, and walk the rest of the way to our hotel. I can't wait to take a long shower, brush my teeth, and find a bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment